Does Your San Diego Home Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (858) 756-5655
Carmel Valley NE/ East Rancho Santa Fe Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/ East Rancho Santa Fe will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (858)756-5655
For Immediate Service in San Diego County, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Carmel Valley/East Rancho Santa Fe provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in San Diego. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (858) 756-5655
Whether your San Diego home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your San Diego commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: http://www.SERVPROcarmelvalleyneeastranchosantafe.com/commercial-restoration-cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Restoring Your San Diego Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at San Diego commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/East Rancho Santa Fe
SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/East Rancho Santa Fe specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/East Rancho Santa Fe is an IICRC firm.The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/East Rancho Santa Fe
SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/East Rancho Santa Fe specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/ East Rancho Santa FE for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Carmel Valley NE/ East rancho Santa Fe specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –(858) 756-5655
Things to look for in a cleanup and restoration service
Carmel Valley Cleanup and Restoration
Every homeowner will need a cleanup and restoration service at least once in their lives. With the number of risks that every kind of structure is exposed to, you need to have someone that could be trusted with mold and mildew removal, water damage restoration, fires restoration, and similar services.
But how do you know who to trust?
The amount of experience that they have should come first.
- How long have they been doing restoration and cleaning services?
- How extensive is their experience with fire and water damage?
Make sure you find out about the experience and expertise not only of the company as a whole, but of every technician who works for them as well.
You also have to make sure that they give you permanent or long-term fixes instead of temporary ones. Find someone who will not only try to patch up the existing problem. Instead, find someone who will find the root cause and eliminate the problem from there.
Considering the fact that SERVPRO has been in the industry since 1967, it definitely proves that this is the one name that you can trust when it comes to cleanup and restoration services.
SERVPRO does not only serve residential customers in Carmel Valley and Rancho Santa Fe, but commercial clients as well.
Why Only a Professional Should Take Care of Smoke Damage
Carmel Valley Fire Damage
Do you believe that only a professional should take care of smoke damage? Once the flames are put out and the firefighters leave, people think that the fire damage left over should be easy to take care of. However, knowing how to clean smoke damage the right way takes years of experience to master, which means that you should leave the job for experienced professionals.
One powerful thing that a fire can leave behind is ash residue. Aside from the fact that this could hurt your lungs, ash residue can cause extensive corrosion on the structure as well. Ash residue is also not an easy thing to get rid of; it easily spreads around the place and the smallest amount of it can cause further damage to your furniture and to the remaining structure. It causes discoloration on any kind of surface and can also cause metals to tarnish.
And what happens when you fail to get rid of all this ash residue on your own? You’ll find yourself overwhelmed when the damage has spread out, increasing your costs and making you wish you left it to the professionals the first time.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (858) 756-5655